Life lessons. We have so many we learn along the way right? I am writing this article not as a disrespect to one of my idols, Oprah , but as a way of expressing my side of the story. Sunday night Oprah does an interview with a family I detest. The kardashians. (wow, I hate I even just typed that ). It was not so much of the fact that she interviewed them it was the moment you realized there would be no tough questions. That this is just another cheesy, keeping up with the Kardashian promo interview. There would only be the same questions every other tv show who kisses their butt asked. “what’s up with you and kanye, is Khloe trying to have a baby, Why hasn’t kourtney and Scott married, Is she sorry for the sex tape? Sigh! How many times in this year alone have we already heard all these same questions? Why does it seem like the entire journalist community is so afraid to ask the real questions to this family. Why is it that no one has picked up on the fact that this family has perfected the art of interviewing? I give this family credit. They are geniuses at answering questions “the right way” and making sure they are not asked the hard questions. Kudos to Kris Jenner.
I was bombarded with comments from the ‘”twitterverse” because even Oprah felt I had no ability to forgive others. I would beg to differ. I am one of the most forgiving, mentoring, encouraging women you will ever meet. My ability to forgive, however is to those who are truly sorry about the “choices” they have made. Key word being ” choices”. I say this all the time, there is a vast difference in a mistake and a constant deliberate bad choice. Kim Kardashian has made a lifestyle out of promoting bad choices and then claiming she has learned so much from them. To me, true repentance is the veil between how your life use to look and how it looks now. Get the irony? If you are truly sorry for publicizing your life in such a circus type way, why are you now doing it all over again? Same publicity stunt, different guy. Since the moment she has started using Kanye for publicity every single interviewer has asked her about their relationship. So… It worked and it is still working. Remember when Oprah blasted Chris Brown. She said once an offender always an offender? Yet Kim Kardashian has repeatedly used and abused love and the institution of marriage and no one is asking her about that. A mistake is something you did that you did not know was wrong. A bad choice is something you do deliberate, on purpose that you knew was wrong. I spend a lot of time mentoring young women and what I tell them is that I will not sugar coat the truth for you. When I was in my mess or my bad choices, no one sugar-coated things for me and that’s what helped me. My problem with Oprah’s interview is there was not one real, raw, question that left you saying, ” finally , someone asked that question”. All you heard were the same exact questions on every other interview that this family has done. What was the point? You are Oprah Winfrey, tv icon. One of my biggest inspirations. I was sorely disappointed. This looked like an Enews or Us weekly interview.
I hate that the world has lost its desire for accountability. Everyone picks and chooses who they let off the hook. However, it seems that poor Kris Humphries has to live with the scars given to him by this girl while the entire world applauds her tactics at more fame and money. If Kim was a guy who put on this big fiasco of a wedding, in front of the entire world, and then broke it off 72 hours later, Oprah would have torn him apart in that interview. what happened to her ability to cut through the BS? Is she so into ” life lessons” that every guest has “ahh, haa” moments and so no one has anything left to learn when they leave? Can we have one person keep it real and say ” hey , I’m still trying to figure this thing out”? If that was the case why do they immediately go back to the same lifestyle they have always lived after their interviews with her? It’s like all of hollywood knows that all you have to do is tell Oprah you learned some major life lesson and she is just overjoyed and leaves you alone.
Why is it if you require someone to prove they have changed, you are judging them? When I say what I say about Kim K, I don’t hate her, but I don’t like what she represents to our young girls. You know why we have so many ghetto, degrading, reality shows out now? Because everyone wants to make their money like the Kardashians. No holds barred. Anything goes. It’s sad. Young girls don’t stand a chance if someone doesn’t take a stand. Oprah just sat there and nodded at every single thing they said. And all they did all night while the interview was showing was brag about how they, ” the kardashians” was trending on twitter. Again, they did it again. More publicity for them. My thing is I would have rather had Oprah get ratings for the questions she asked rather than her guests. No one took any serious information away from that interview. All you did was watch Oprah interview the Kardashians. That’s it. Nothing more there. Not one raw question. Like really? I am one of her biggest (Oprah, Not Kim) fans and I was just left disappointed by it. So here is my example of tough questions since some people have asked me:
- If you are still married to Kris Humphries and you claim to have loved him, do you think it’s smart to be buying a $750,000 car for a man you have only ” dated” a few weeks. yes you have known him several years but what message is that sending young girls?
- If you are truly sorry about the sex tape then why did you create a more glamorous reputation built on exploiting your body because we see you posting twitter pics with barely any clothes on?
- When things went sour with Kris Humphries you said you didn’t stop things from going too far because you didn’t want to disappoint the show, the sponsors, and everyone else. Doesn’t that prove his point that you married him for ratings because you are saying you knew before you walked down the aisle that you didn’t want to do it. Isn’t that fraud?
- If you were truly in love and the previous question is false, why on your show did you treat him like he had no rights and then blame the fall of the marriage all on him and say your feelings changed? How did your marriage even stand a chance when the things you didn’t like about him were the same things you were doing to him? For example, you traveled all the time and then got mad when he did it b/c you didn’t know about it. Or you told him he could not bring his clothes to “your ” home. Or you spent your first days and months as a married couple in a hotel in the same suite as your sister, her boyfriend, and their baby all for ratings. Couldn’t you get your own suite so as to give your marriage a chance. Of you got mad when his sister came but you have this man constantly around your intrusive and often times disrespectful family
- Don’t you even feel bad about the fact that with the sex tape and all the negative press, here is a guy who chose to ignore all that, make you an honest woman, introduce you to his family despite all the warnings he got about you, and at the end of it all you ended it after only 72 days. That doesn’t bother your conscience at all?
- Do you feel anyone will ever take you seriously and trust you again?
- ( to khloe) are you truly secure in your place with the “kardashian” brand knowing there is a question in your inner most being if Robert Kardashian is your biological father?
- Why do you girls curse your mom out consistently and what message is that sending your girls all over the world or what message does that send your own kids?
- Why do you exploit every part of your life then ask for privacy or fairness from the public when things aren’t going good. Isn’t that being hypocritical. You invited the public in and begged them to get involved in your life.
- Do any of you kids have a college education or are you all just riding the fame train til the wheels fall off? Do you not think education is important?
- Again, what message is that sending young girls?
- How long will you wait this time before marrying? Will this marriage be publicized. You said this relationship wouldn’t be yet we still see cameras following you and kanye everywhere. So have you changed your mind about exposing your wedding too?
- When is enough, enough? when will you truly have enough fame or do you even know how to stop seeking it? Because you expose every single moment of your life?
These are just a few and I do mean a few, tough questions. Not those cartoon questions like are you in love, or are you happy? No Oprah is not a therapist, but that hasn’t stopped
I was just sorely disappointed and maybe I am the only one. I will take that if that is the case. It has nothing to do with judging Kim Kardashian and I do not hate the entire family. I think Kyle and Kendell are innocent , now. I think Khloe really does care about her husband so that alone gives me much respect for her because she works hard to protect what she and Lamar have. But kim is fake and full of it. She will do and say anything to get anyone in hollywood to promote, take pics, support, tweet about, or include her in their life if they have any kind of reputable status at all. And everything is for sale. Believe that. As I stated earlier, true repentance would promote change. You can’t forgive someone who is still trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Just saying or stating that you have changed shouldn’t have been enough for Oprah. She should have done her research and asked tougher questions and she would have known, that the entire time kim was just giving her those ” life lessons learned ” answers that Oprah loves so much. But doesn’t “ahh, haa” lessons learned promote ahha haa lif changes? I mean shouldn’t there be some difference in how she carried herself then and how she carries herself now? Can you honestly say there is any change in Kim Kardashian other than the person she is dating? I mean honestly, I’m being serious here.
The world is so caught up with this family and I do give them credit because never have I seen a family with no purpose, no real dent in society, no talent, no nothing make millions. I mean you have true actors and actresses grinding everyday working hard to be good at what they do and they are barely making it in the industry. Then you have the Kardashians who are making millions just doing….nothing! Funny how everyone wants to get on my president about the economy all the while some of those same people are just handing millions of dollars to this family by supporting them for doing nothing. How ironic is that? This is no disrespect to Oprah as I said, she has my respect on so many levels and she has paved the way for me and every other woman who comes behind her. Funny thing is most of the people defending Oprah are caught up in who she is and their idealistic view of her. Trust me, she is one of my greatest inspirations but even Oprah deserves the truth, even if she doesn’t see it. Everyone is always so busy kissing her butt because she is Oprah it’s like its forbidden to even tell her the truth. Just a bunch of ” yes men” all over twitter and hollywood. No one wants to disagree with her. Well, I only fear God on that type of level and if I truly respect her, I respect her enough to tell her the truth regardless of is she agrees or not, now that is a true fan. This was my problem with the Kardashians when kim did what she did to Kris Humphries. Everyone coming to her defense and making excuses for her. Sometimes, even your loved one is just wrong. And if she is still handling her life in the same careless, fame obsessed way, then why is no one telling her if they truly love her? Would you not want someone to tell you the truth even if it hurts? Or would you want people to just go on acting like everything is fine, even though they see you doing the same thing over and over again that got you in the mess the last time? My last point, if Barbera Walters herself stated, “you can’t trust anything this family says:, why and how am I wrong for stating the same thing Oprah’s mentor did? Just sayin…… So I have agreed to disagree with Oprah. This is all it comes down to I guess.